Here's several common bits of information you should send with your support request when you're having trouble sending mail. This information helps us solve your email issues quickly and efficiently.
For Both Sending & Receiving Mail
- What email client are you using? (Gmail, Apple Mail, Outlook, Gmail for iPhone/Android, etc.)
- What is your Chrome version (if using webmail)
- What is your iOS or Android version? (if using mobile mail)
- What is your Outlook/thick-client version (if using Outlook or another thick client, like Thunderbird)
- Are issues consistent or sporadic?
- If sporadic, are there any similarities between effected messages?
- Are groups involved as a recipient?
- Have you used the Email log search in the Admin Console to see if the message was delivered or bounced?
- Please provide the message headers from any applicable message and texts of bounce back messages when applicable.
- Verify your network connectivity to Google servers by taking a screenshot of this page when it's done loading.
- Users in China and some other countries will experience degraded connectivity or lose access entirely to G Suite services due to local regulations.
For Issues Sending Mail
- Please verify your DNS settings* are correct, and that SPF and DKIM are properly configured
- Check and make sure you aren't blacklisted by a DNS blocklist such as SORBS. You can use this tool to check your domain and any Gmail IPs used by your org to send mail.
- Chceck your DLP settings and make sure messages aren't being caught accidentally.
For Issues Receiving Mail
- Are you having issues with the Gmail web interface not loading? Our Gmail help page will provide better suggestions
- Is your domain using a blocklist such as SORBS? This is not recommended.
*Your DNS settings may vary depending on your organization's network setup.